Thursday 19 September 2013

Bodybuilding DOMS and Inclined Bed Therapy - enhanced recovery - Full Compound exercises 5x5

Been working out now hard for a solid year using Strong lifts 5x5 have made some great progress, But I have also noticed something else!

When I was younger and a kid if I had a really intense workout it would leave me very painful the day after .. sometimes if I pushed too far too fast I wouldn't even be able to lift my arms very well or I would walk like a duck!

I have been sleeping on an Inclined Bed for most of my life as my dad is Andrew K Fletcher the discoverer of how Inclining your bed can improve the health and wellbeing of your body.. you could call me one of the pioneering guinea-pigs .

But anyway since trying to tackle my my beer belly and what health implications it could have in the future I've noticed that my DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) are very weak compared to what I experienced before... in fact most days I would totally skip them.

I'm not a fool and know that progressive lifts and the 5x5 routines work in a way that you can mostly skip right past most DOM like effects.. but even when I mix things up and add a shit ton of isolation work and I know the next day I should be aching like hell its nowhere near to what I expected.

 
Anyway Just a heads up and another weapon in your arsenal of recovery techniques to try! give it a go!
 
If you would like to find out more information checkout
www.facebook.com/inclinedbedtherapy

and if you do decide to raise the head end of your bed! please share your experiences! We may be on to something here.


No comments:

Post a Comment